Assemble 2012 was presented by the Crafts Council in partnership with Caper, Crafts Magazine and Watershed.
For more information on the Crafts Council, please visit www.craftscouncil.org.uk
- Caper builds prototypes and develops digital campaigns. We also offer a consultancy service. Our clients include BBC Radio 3, Royal Shakespeare Company, British Council,
NHS, Crafts Council, Wellcome Collection, and Brighton and Hove Museums.
- Crafts Magazine
- Crafts is concerned with the importance of making. From the clothes we wear, the house we live in or the bike we ride to work, the magazine believes that a sense
of craft should permeate every facet of our lives.
- Watershed is a cross-artform venue and producer, sharing, developing and showcasing exemplary cultural ideas and talent. We are based in Bristol, but place no boundaries
on our desire to connect with artists and audiences in the wider world.
Steering Group for Assemble 2012
- Rachel Coldicutt, Director, Caper
- Grant Gibson, Editor, Crafts Magazine
- Alice Hubley, Events Administration, Crafts Council
- Amanda Jones, Director, External Relations, Crafts Council
- Beatrice Mayfield, Maker Development Manager, Crafts Council
- Fiona Moorhead, Communications Manager, Crafts Council
- Clare Reddington, Director, iShed and The Pervasive Media Studio
- Dr Karen Yair, Crafts Council Research Associate and conference curator
- Polity Books
Polity is a leading international publisher in the social sciences and humanities and we publish some of the world’s best authors in these fields. Our aim is to combine the publication of original, cutting-edge work of the highest quality with a systematic programme of textbooks and course books for students and scholars in further and higher education.
With the publication of David Gauntlett’s crafting classic Making is Connecting in 2011, Polity established itself as the publisher of choice for innovative makers and new media technology experts.
For more information about Polity and to browse all of our 2012 subject catalogues, visit our website at www.politybooks.com.